Environmental Policy Statement
Last updated: 3rd July 2018
We are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, visitors and minimises our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practice in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities;
- promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner, such as by working electronically wherever it is safe and secure to do so while ensuring that all key information is fully and securely backed up;
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycles, recyclable or refurbished equipment, products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable;
- ensure responsible disposal of remaining unavoidable waste;
- promote efficient use of space heating/lighting, equipment, materials and resources including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable;
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly;
- include energy efficiency as one of the selection criteria when purchasing new equipment;
- avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of;
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency response programmes;
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it;
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimise the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities;
- Use public transport in preference to travel by car wherever it is possible and effective to do so.